Conquer Social Media addiction

Conquer Social Media addiction

     Heyy buddies! Swaraj here! Have you ever felt addicted to social media?  I did! Let me discuss how I conquered my social media addiction. So I am currently in my BTech👨🏻‍💻 doing online classes💻 in my second year now.🤠 I found myself going through social media📱 (especially Instagram) even during my classes.😅 I feel like being addicted to clicking on that vibrant 2x2 sized icon.📷 My finger was subconsciously moving through the screen to find that small thing and just click on it even when I was not thinking of going through my socials at that time. That day I checked my activity on Instagram and it turned out I spent an average of 5 hours daily on my Instagram.😯 It's shocking when you realise you were always been busy complaining about your tight schedule.😏 
    So to tackle this, I decided to follow a schedule where I will keep 'NO INSTA ZONES' where I will force myself not to open my Instagram throughout that period. I set up some small chunks of time where I will let myself scroll through Instagram. Also, no social media in the first couple of hours after I wake up. The first day was exceptionally well. I used Instagram for only one and a half hours. I was astonished by the results. I am still doing this trick after a couple of weeks and the results are outstanding.
    However, not every day do I have this much control over my socials. Sometimes I let myself go through social media if I am experiencing too much stress and want some escape.😄 
    Many guys talk about social media detoxing.😮‍💨 I too tried it for a month. But it didn't work for me. I ended up in the same situation I was a month before detoxing.🤥 Yes, it gives a chance to experience the real world but it also somewhat brings mental pain if you're too much addicted to you're social media and you abruptly try to get away from it for a very long period of time.😄 And basically, it doesn't work quite well cause you're thrown back at the same old habits once you start using social media again. It is a good option if you want to escape the virtual world📱 for a small amount of time like for a few days. 
    So to try out this. Set a solid routine📝⏳ (the one which you were always wanted to follow but aren't following😏, whatever the reason may be🤷🏻‍♂️) and set out some time spans in which you will not touch your social media and will complete your most important task for the day. After every such time span and completing your task, you may reward yourself with few minutes of exposure to social media.🥳 This is far better than scrolling through your phone while working on the other side.😌 Try this trick and let me know your experience.🤩
        This was my first blog so I am pretty much excited about your reviews. Thank you.😄     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider telephone book database of N clients. Make use of a hash table implementation to quickly look up client‘s telephone number. Make use of two collision handling techniques and compare them using number of comparisons required to find a set of telephone numbers

Find Your Purpose