Find Your Purpose

Don't have enough time to consume the entire podcast/Interview? Here are my notes from the interview of Jay Shetty by Tom Bilyeu titled 

"Watch THIS to Find Your PURPOSE | Jay Shetty on Impact Theory".





How to find your purpose: 

        Step 1: Being exposed to unique experiences and role models.

        Step 2: Finding that experiences and role models you're passionate about. Taking it seriously.                                        Observe them (your role models), follow them, network with them, shadow them.

        Step 3: Yes or No? Does that work for me? (Go with experiences, not the results.)


Define an ideal life(Asked by Tom Bilyeu): 

    "An ideal life is when we have a heart, head and hand all three working in alignment."

      Head: Clarity of vision(what you want)

      Heart: Being able to understand your intuitions and heart one's being able to connect and tap into                             deeper understanding and beyond the vision you may have painted for yourself.

      Hand: Service/ Pass on what you have.

"Passion is for you, service is for others. Start your day with gratitude."


Frequent questions/solutions being asked to Jay:

1) How do  I find my passion?

Ans: Ask these questions to yourself:

  1. What am I good at?
  2. What do I love?
  3. What does the world needs? 
  4. And how do I get paid for it?
      When you find all these four, you'll make your passion your purpose.
There are 2 paths to follow:
   Path 1: Find out what you are good at and start helping people through it.
    Path 2: Just start serving people, start helping people, start to notice what do you enjoy about that and what you are good at helping people with.

2) My relationship is falling apart.
Ans: 'Problem is we have a list for the one that we want but we don't have a list for what we need to                        become'
            Have an understanding of what you need and what you want.
            Define why you do what you do.

3)What do you read? What are your favourite books?
Ans: 
  1. Start With Why By Simon Sinek
  2. Bhagwad Gita
  3. Exponential Organizations: Why New Organizations are Ten Times Better, Faster, and Cheaper Than Yours (and what to Do about It) Book by Michael S. Malone, Salim Ismail, and Yuri van Geest

Notable extracts from the interview:
  1. You will never find answers to your questions if you care what others will think.
  2. Plant trees under whose shade we do not want to sit( Selfless sacrifice).
  3. Open yourself to new role models and new experiences.
  4. Today I am not what I think I am, I am not what you think I am, I am what I think you think I am.
  5. You can't be what you can't see.
  6. The greatest power is to be self-controlled.
  7. Detachment is not that you own nothing. Detachment is that nothing owns you.
  8. Build a life, not a resume.
  9. Ask yourself, 'What advice I'd give to my younger self.'
  10. The 3 e's for life: Element, environment and energy.
  11. The most successful people in the world, healthy, wealthy and wise, choose education over entertainment.
  12. The highest form of empathy, love and compassion is to meet people where they already are rather than expecting them to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider telephone book database of N clients. Make use of a hash table implementation to quickly look up client‘s telephone number. Make use of two collision handling techniques and compare them using number of comparisons required to find a set of telephone numbers